The Strymon NightSky is a complete reverb workstation, rethinking the core idea of a reverb pedal to easily create beautiful soundscapes and cascading reverb sounds, with added control over pitch shifting, harmonic content and a range of modulation wave shapes. The Strymon NightSky offers the perfect pairing of a unique tones and endless creativity that makes it unlike any reverb pedal you have heard.
With three distinct reverb textures to choose from, the NightSky uses a variable rate core that allows you to simultaneously alter the pitch and size of the reverb sound. This can be both smooth of quantised to the built in step sequencer for more rhythmic sounds, while the Sparse, Dense and Diffuse modes give excellent starting points from which to craft your own sounds. The Shimmer control allows you to add low & high octave pitch shifting to the reverb tail, along with harmonic intervals for a truly musical reverb.
The Strymon NightSky also includes a 4 pole lowpass filter section that when paired with the built in Drive effect can transform the reverb sound in to a synth-like electronic pad that is perfect for crafting vast sound scape sounds. For those looking to get particularly experimental, the Modulate sections features four selectable waveforms that can be used to modulate the pitch, reverb tail and filter section of the pedal.
- Three selectable reverb types offer a wide variety of ambient textures
- MOD section with various waveforms to modulate the reverb or tone filters
- TONE section to sculpt the high and low EQ of the reverb
- VOICE section to enhance the aural spectrum of the reverb
- Adjustable SHIMMER for adding pitch shifting of up to +/- 1 octave to the reverb
- GLIMMER dynamically enhances high or low frequency harmonics for synth-like textures
- Pre or Post DRIVE to add saturated overdriven harmonics to the reverb
- Adjustable reverb core size to increase or decrease the space for reflections
- Independent REVERB and DRY level controls
- Step sequencer for programming rhythmic pitch variations of the reverb
- Access to 16 presets from the front panel and 300 presets via MIDI